Pages

Monday, September 9, 2019

Measuring Objects and Lines


                    

                     Measurement in Room 7


Using our rulers to calculate the exact measurement in cm's, mm's and metres. Being precise in our measuring to ensure it is accurate.

We used estimates - which are an intellegent guess and then compared them to the actual measurement to see the difference in our calculation.



Measuring the length and width of various objects enables us to compare and contrast. 

Our next step is to explore perimeter - the continuous line forming the boundary of a closed geometrical shape.






3 comments:

  1. Hello Room 7 at Glen Taylor School
    I really like that you have been learning meserment in you class and it looked very fun to do. This made me rember when I lernt meserment with mm’s and cm’s that was last year. I just want to know if you drawed on the carpet and did you use chalk to draw it all out on the carpet?

    From Angel-Mey at Yaldhurst Modle School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Room 7 at Glen Taylor School
    I really like that you have been learning measurement in you class and it looked very fun to do. This made me remember when I learnt measurement with millimeters and centimeters that was last year. I just want to know if you drew on the carpet and did you use chalk to draw it all out on the carpet?

    sincerely casey

    ReplyDelete

  3. Tena koutou Room 7. I like how you are using rulers to calculate and the blog showed many pictures with what you were doing. Why are you drawing on the floor? Why are you using rulers to calculate? Maybe next time you could add extra words. From Samuel

    ReplyDelete